Alpha Industries Men's MA-1 Flight Bomber Jacket
Current Category：Down & Parkas
- Shell: 100% Flight Nylon; Lining: 100% Nylon; Fill: 100% Polyester
- Zipper closure
- Dry Clean Only
- AUTHENTIC DESIGN - The MA-1 fighter pilot flight jacket was the first military bomber jacket to cross over into civilian fashion. Today’s current version still hews close to its roots, with classic military specifications and designs from the original outerwear for U.S. Air Force and Navy pilots. The same dedication to quality when Alpha Industries started in 1959 is here in the MA-1 jacket today.
- INDIVIDUAL STYLE - Signature “Remove Before Flight” red hang tag on the sleeve utility pencil pocket and the Alpha Industries logo on the zig-zag zipper extension let you show off your style. Knit rib cuffs, collar, and waistband, two lower flap pockets, two interior welt pockets, and shirred sleeves round out the look.
- FORM & FUNCTION - Reversible flight jacket with water-resistant nylon on both sides and double zipper pulls. Staying true to its original design, the MA-1 interior reverses to an Emergency Orange lining that was originally designed for downed pilots to signal for help.
The ma-1 or bomber jacket was first developed in the mid-1950s. The ma-1 and its predecessor, the b-15 flight jacket, were needed at that time because the emergence of the jet age created new requirements for pilot performance, safety and comfort. The jacket was warm enough when flying in cold temperatures. An ma-1 mid-weight nylon jacket is water/weather resistant. The ma-1 navy fighter pilot jacket was the first military flight jacket to cross over into civilian fashion. Our nylon flight jacket includes a knit collar, cuffs and waistband, as well as a heavy gauge brass zipper with storm flap for warmth. Our ma-1 jackets are reversible to bright orange, making them ideal for rescue missions and other times when visibility is imperative. This current version has been kept as close as possible to the classic specifications, which debuted in 1950. In 1963 the jacket received substantial revisions by changing the lining to bright orange and making the jacket reversible. The flight jacket design conveys positive images of strength, power and quality **please note that the original color 'navy' ordered by the u.s. Military is more of a teal shade to it...rather than the darker 'navy blue' traditional jackets are known for.
The Alpha MA-1 Flight Jacket, often copied but never duplicated. This is the classic jacket made by Alpha Industries for the military for over 40 years; issued to both the U.S. Air Force and Navy pilots.
- Package Dimensions : 18.45 x 12.95 x 4.35 inches; 5 Pounds
- Department : Mens
- Date First Available : August 16, 2012
- Manufacturer : Alpha Industries